Thursday, May 23, 2013

Makeup Remover Wipes - Another Great Multitasker!


Most people have used Makeup Remover wipes, but I find that this is one of the best products for those of us that have fatigue or pain.  I keep Makeup Remover wipes in my purse, in my bedside table, and I use them every night.  I know that this is not the best way to remove my makeup, but I have found that this is the easiest way for me to do it and be sitting on the couch, or laying in bed since many times I cannot stand long enough at the sink to use my gel face wash or bending over the sink is painful at the end of the day.  I normally take off my makeup with these wipes and then at least rinse my face with water to remove any remover residue.  I will also put a bit of extra eye makeup remover on the wipe when my face is cleaned and press this on my eye makeup to get it to break down and then wipe it away.  Sometimes (if I have been particularly tired) I will also wash it out when I am done with a wipe and then put a the wipe damp into the freezer to use in the morning on my undereye circles.  

Since I love this product type, I have tried a lot of them, so here are my reviews on some of the brands I have tried:

Neutrogena Brand: I really like these wipes.  They get the job done and they do not have much scent to them.  The residue they leave on your skin rinses off easily and their makeup removing power is great.  This wipe does have a difficult time with waterproof makeup, but most wipes do.  

Simple Brand Wipes:  I think these wipes are better than the Neutrogena ones I listed above (So far they are my favorite).  They are much gentler on my skin, have very little fragrance (if any at all) and they do the job.  Again these do have a difficult time with waterproof makeup, but do a rather good job overall.  There is very little residue left on the skin, and again it comes right off.   


Walgreens Brand:  These wipes are a bit rough on my face and the makeup remover in them is a bit stinging on my eyes.  They are also pretty small meaning that they don’t seem to have enough space left to get all of your makeup off.  They are pretty inexpensive, but as far as I am concerned you shouldn’t waste your money.  


La Fresh Brand:  These wipes are a great travel alternative to bringing your larger package of wipes.  They come in very compact packages and the wipes work pretty well.  The only bad thing about them is that they are pretty small.  


Pacifica Coconut Water Makeup Remover Wipes:  I like how these wipes work but I really don’t like the fragrance that they have.  More than that though is that when I rinse my face off after using the wipes the smell lingers until I actually wash my face with soap in the morning.  These wipes do remove my makeup well and they are large so there is plenty of space to get off all of my makeup and not feel like I have used it all up.  


Let me know what you think about this post!  What brands do you like?  Do you use Makeup Remover Wipes?  

No comments:

Post a Comment