Monday, May 6, 2013

Easy Meal Mondays! Sunday Pot Roast


Hello Everyone!  This is the eighth installment in my series on easy and healthy meal options that Jason and I have made and love.  This recipe is adapted from 101 Things to do with a Slow Cooker By Stephanie Ashcraft and Janet Eyring.  Every once in awhile a sunday roast is the perfect things for dinner and it makes a bunch of lunches for leftovers.  When the roasts are on sale at Costco I usually get a few and freeze one for later.  I made this today.  Every time I made it it has been good, so enjoy!

Sunday Slow Cooked Pot Roast

YIELD: 6-8 Servings
PREP TIME: 5-10 minutes
COOK TIME: 8-10 hours
TOTAL TIME: 8-10 hours

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 pound rump roast
  • 1 pound of baby carrots
  • 1 cup chopped onion or ½ cup dried minced onion
  • 8 to 10 red potatoes, quartered
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
  • ketchup for serving (optional)

Directions:

Place carrots, onion, and potatoes in bottom of greased 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.  Place meat on top of vegetables.  Dissolve soup mix in water and pour over meat.  over and cook on low heat 8-10 hours.  If using a frozen roast, cook on low heat an additional 2-4 hours.  

FTC: This is not a sponsored blog post.  All of the products I have mentioned and have listed were purchased with my own money and all reviews are my honest opinions.  I am an amazon associate and the links in this post may go to amazon for possible purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment