Sunday, April 7, 2013

What's in my Makeup Bag? (With Mini Reviews!)


Hello again everyone! So here is a look into my Makeup Bag!  I like to keep all of this with me, but sometimes I reduce what is in my bag to reduce the weight of it.  So here is the list and my mini reviews on each product.  Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions.  Also, I would love to see what you keep in your makeup bag.  


Brushes/Tools/Other:


  • Real Techniques Expert Face Brush(I love this brush and as I have said in my previous videos I want to get more of these soon)
  • Bare Minerals Flawless Face Brush (This brush has not been the best.  It works, but it also loses bristles all the time and they get stuck to my face and the tickle usually causes me to rub some makeup off to get the itchiness to stop.)  
  • Smashbox Travel Precision Liner Brush (This liner brush is good for smudging eyeshadow on as eyeliner, but does not work as well for gel liner.  It creates too thick of a line with gel liner.) 
  • Smashbox Travel Tapered Shadow Brush (This brush packs on shadow so nicely!  I like using it for putting shadow all over the lid.)
  • Smashbox Travel Definer Brush (This brush is also a nice smudger of eyeshadow and places dark shadow in the crease nicely.)
  • Eyelash Curler & Tweezers 
  • Fingernail Clippers & a Nail File (I have a glass nail file and it is so nice to have a nail file that does not wear out.)
  • Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets(These are the best!  I use them all the time.)
  • Walgreens Cleansing & Make-up Removing Towlettes (These work, but I don’t like them because they sting my eyes and are very harsh on the skin.)
  • Q-tips (in a little pink case :) )
  • Pacifica Tibetan Mountain Temple Solid Perfume(Smells like Chai Tea Latte which I LOVE!)

Face:


  • Sei Bella Eye Care Bright Eyes Soothing Gel (I have only been using this for a little while on my eyes before other products.  I’m not sure what I think of it yet.)
  • Clarity Clear Skin Essentials Acne Treatment Cream (I have been using this for a long time before I put my makeup on and it really helps keep my acne at bay.)
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer(I have very oily skin so I put it on my T-zone before I apply foundation and concealer because it keeps my foundation in place for much longer than without primer)
  • Benefit Erase Paste in Fair(I love this for under my eyes, but it does crease even when I set it with powder, so I have to check it often.)
  • Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Tint (Ultra Calming)(So far I am liking this, but I still don’t think the coverage is enough.)
  • Mary Kay Medium-Coverage Foundation in Ivory 100 (I really like this foundation.  It is thick and gives full coverage.  This is not my favorite foundation, but my skin does not break out nearly as much using it as using some other foundations in the past.)
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick in Fair 01 (For a stick foundation this is pretty good.  It is more cakey than I would like, but it covers very well.)
  • Pure Natural Minerals Finishing Silk (Find it here - this is just like the bareminerals mineral veil, but much less expensive!)
  • e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder(This blush and bronzer are so so pigmented!  The blush color is beautiful and perfect for any skin tone with a very small amount of shimmer and the bronzer is matte and very dark.  For both of these, you barely have to set your brush in the product to get enough to contour your cheekbones or put just a bit of pink on your cheeks.  The best part is that this product is just $3!  ok, enough said... pretty much you should just buy this.)

Eyes:


  • Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Inked in Pink(I love the maybelline color tattoo shadows.  They are very pigmented and don’t crease and they usually have some sort of a duo chrome coloring to them.  I have these eyeshadows in two colors, a pink and a bronze (Bad to the Bronze).  I want every color of these!)
  • Glam Rx Palette (I only have the portion of this that is magnetic with a mirror.  I like this for travel and in my purse.)
  • Clinique Touch Base for Eyes in Canvas Light (This works pretty well as an eyeshadow base, but I have to be careful to not put too much on my lid because then it will crease.  I won’t buy it again because the product is expensive for an eyeshadow base.  There are many many others out there that work as well or better, and cost less.)
  • 3 Estee Lauder Eyeshadows in a shimmery white, a shimmery grey, and a matte brown (I depotted these from a larger palette, and I use them more now that they are out of a palette that I barely used before.  The other palette was bulky and there were only a few eyeshadows that I liked to use.)
  • Yaby Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Sand Dune and
    So Vein (These are very pigmented and I like them a lot. I received these in my last ipsy bag and have loved experimenting with them.)
  • Sei Bella Definition Brow Pencil in Blonde (I am really really liking this brow pencil and the spooli on the end it very helpful.  This works well to darken my brows.  I have a lot to go, but I believe I would repurchase this.)
  • Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude 005(I really like this in my waterline.  It opens up my eyes well.)
  • Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Basic Black 100 (This eyeliner works, but I will not repurchase it.  I am almost done with this and am glad to be done.  I cannot use this on my upper lash line because it always smudges on my lid.  I only use it on my lower lash line and even there sometimes it gets all over.)
  • Sei Bella Liquid Liner in Black (I like this liquid liner, but the formula is a bit thick.  Also, it does wear off.  If I put it on in the morning, I have to touch it up later in the day.  
  • Covergirl LashBlast Volumizing Mascara in Very Black (This is my current favorite mascara.  I love the rubber wand and the formula is a bit wet which I like.  I have repurchased this two times already.  I think after this tube I want to try the new clump crusher mascara that everyone is talking about.)

Lips:



FTC: This is not a sponsored blog post.  All of the products I have mentioned and have listed were purchased with my own money and all reviews are my honest opinions.  I am an amazon associate and the links in this post go to amazon for possible purchases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment