Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Looking Good: Five Minute Makeup




Hello again everyone!  I just uploaded this five minute makeup tutorial to YouTube and just wanted to list out the products I used here in case anyone would like to recreate this look.  I admit that most days it takes me about 15 minutes to do my makeup, but I am usually working more slowly as I usually do this in the morning causing me to be much slower at my makeup as I don’t really wake up until around 9am and until I have my coffee in me.  As I think have said before, I think the most important thing about putting your face on is making sure your foundation looks good, and for me this means covering up my under eye circles and covering any blemishes.  That is what I spend the majority of my time on every morning.  The other things help, but are not nearly as important.  I typically use the following things to get a quick less flawed face:

Benefit Erase Paste in Fair
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick in Fair 01
Mary Kay Medium-Coverage Foundation in Ivory 100
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzer
Bare Minerals Flawless Face Brush

Now I want to stress that I don’t think I end up with a “flawless” face, especially when I am in a hurry, because I think that the most flawless face is when my skin really does have no imperfections and I have had enough sleep (though this is rare).  The next thing I like to do is make sure that my eyebrows don’t look like they disappeared.  If you have darker eyebrows that don’t need filling in you can skip this step.  Usually the younger you are the less you have to do here.  I have been using the Sei Bella Definition Brow Pencil in Blonde and have been loving it.  It is super easy and I can put my brows on very quickly with this pencil.  

The products I put in my eyes were only the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Metal Eyeshadow in Inked in Pink and Covergirl LashBlast Volumizing Mascara in Very Black.  These are my go to products for very quick yet pretty eye makeup.  Much of the time I will skip the eyeshadow, but it adds a bit extra to my look.  I will spend more time applying an extra coat of mascara before I apply eyeshadow if I am very rushed.  

The last thing that puts a quick makeup look together is bright or bold lipstick.  Putting on a bold lip color makes me look like I spent a long time doing my makup even if I have not spent much time at all.  This color from Aveda is from their Nourish-mint smoothing lip color line.  The color is Snapdragon.  I love how bold it is.  I originally bought this lipstick this last fall and wore it a lot in the fall and I think I will wear it more this fall and winter also.  Lately I have been wearing a peachy bright color most often, but have been trying to shake up my look with a bright pink.  These spring colors have made me feel happy even on some of the blustery days we have been having.  

Anyway, that is all I have for my five minute makeup idea.  Let me know the shortcuts you take when you don’t have much time to get yourself looking put together?  Can you actually complete your makeup in five minutes?  Let me know!  Also, let me know what other makeup or look type things you would like to see here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment